Hello friends! The Broken Contract Rulebook Kickstarter has been launched. The video above is one of the ones used on the Kickstarter page, but I'm going to give you the bullet points here:
The 32 page Broken Contract Rulebook contains:
- An overview of how to play a miniature wargame, explaining moving, measuring, and making Stat Checks.
- A detailed list of Actions and Interruptions. This is really the core of Character interaction in the game. There are over 15 entries for different Actions and 10 entries for Interruptions, and many of these have sub-entries giving the players an incredible array of options within the game. This also means that Characters can really hone in on what they are good at.
- Rules for Critical Successes and Failures based on a special set of dice that are used after a 1 or 6 is rolled for a Stat Check. These dice, combined with a chart, are used to help create the action movie moments where your Characters do both the exceptional and the tragic, whether they are in combat, begging for mercy, or applying first aid. The Critical Success and Failure Chart covers over 20 Actions and Interruptions that require a D6 Stat Check to complete.
- A starter list of Weapons and Equipment and all of the Special Rules that pertain to them.
- Basic rules for Creating Characters and Assembling a Crew. These are quick and easy, and they allow you to create a true ragtag group of either Breakers or Black Squadron Security. If you remove the titles, it breaks down to the untrained, ill equipped, but larger force, and the well trained and well equipped but smaller force if you wanted to create your own setting using these rules.
- Episode: The Hard Way, a three Act mini campaign of thematic scenarios to get you up and playing in the Broken Contract setting.
Additional we are trying to release a collection of Broken Contract Play Aids that include:
- A Character Dashboard Set that contains 6 Character Dashboards, perfect for a single player. Each is a 5"x10" mat for keeping track of your Characters during the game with out the game board being littered with counters.
- The Chit Box which contains 30 Chits to use during the game. These heavy duty 60pt chipboard chits cover all of the most important counters a player will need for using up to 6 Characters. Like the Character Dashboard Set, this is ideal for a single player.
- The Broken Contract Dice Set that includes 2 Six sided dice, 2 Three sided dice, 2 Critical Success dice, and 2 Critical Failure dice.
- The Ability Card Deck which contains 32 Ability Cards, 26 of which are brand new.
- The Equipment Card Deck which contains 32 Equipment Cards including several new cards that do not appear in the Faction Sets, like the Arc Carbine and the Mining Drill.
- The Blank Character Card Deck which contains 16 Blank Character Cards and 16 Blank Character Stat Cards so you can create your own crews.
- Also included are an 8" FerrumSky Ruler and a 16 card Initiative Deck.
Finally, as a separate Add On we are trying to release our first set of Board Game Tiles.
- The set of six 8"x8" Board Game Tiles are 60pt chip board with a UV coating.
- The are all double sided. Two are straight corridors, two are "L" corridors, and two are "T" corridors. The are all "4 way" intersection corridors on the opposite side.
- All of the scenarios in the Broken Contract Rulebook are based on these tiles, creating the perfect play area to get started.
We're looking forward to offering some cool Stretch Goals too, but we'd love to get you all involved to get these items moving forward. Thanks for reading and tell your friends. The Broken Contract Rulebook Kickstarter is going on now!