Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Broken Contract Beta Rules

Art by Geng Gendall

This is the Beta set of the Broken Contract rules. As a Beta rule set it is expected that there will be some inconsistencies, typos, mistakes, and the like. It has been through an editor so the typos should be minimal but there may be areas that require greater clarity, and guaranteed there will be an inconsistency here or there. Please read it, play it with proxies, and provide as much feedback as you can. Thanks and enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Printed. Now I just need to buy a red pen. (evil laugh here)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go to it Mr Ferrick! I do not fear your red pen. Well, maybe I do, but I will be strong through the process. :)

      Delete
  2. This is the first exposure I've had. Reading through the instruction book, I'm wondering: What level of general gameplay expertise of audience are you designing for? Knowing that will affect my critique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lex, that's an interesting question. Ultimately I want someone who has never played a wargame before to be able to read through the rules and understand how to play the game. I want them clear and concise. If you find something that is unclear or convoluted please let me know. Any feedback in that regard is appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still in my first scan through. It's clear to me, but I'm wondering about the order of rule presentation. My level expertise might contribute to the clarity. I'll have some more clarity after finishing this read through and possibly one or two more.

      Delete