Skip to main content

Today Starts a Countdown

Breaker - Adesi Haddonis sculpted by Tim Barry.

Today, August 1st, begins my 31 day countdown to the Broken Contract - Deep Underground Kickstarter. This is both exciting and terrifying. I've invested so much time into getting this project off the ground. In addition to the time spent writing, re-writing, directing artists, reading and watching everything I can on building a successful Kickstarter, and just pushing numbers around, I've fully immersed myself in this project. I've managed to rally the help of friends and strangers to help realize my vision, but of course it isn't fully realized until there is money to truly make it happen.

August will be an endless collection of things to do lists in an effort to be as prepared as possible for the launch on Labor Day. My dry erase board will bear the brunt of these lists, a visual representation of accomplished tasks followed by an endless parade of more tasks. Yesterday I sent a barrage of emails to get more precise numbers on various odds and ends I would like to include or add as Stretch Goals. I talked to artists Sam and Geng, along with sculptor Tim Barry who are all working away on various art and sculpts. I secured my copy editor. So much has been done but there is always so much to do. I enter the next month with eagerness and devotion to the cause. Hopefully its enough.

Onward to freedom!
-Nick

PS. Above is a brand new sculpt that appeared in my inbox today. More great work from Tim Barry. If you've really been paying attention you'll notice that this character's name changed. More on that in a couple days!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaker Press Update for 11.12.2022

 Greetings Friends! I recorded a new update video giving you the latest on what's new with Breaker Press Games . I talk about The Protectorate of Jenulane and Cleft in the Mangled Hills/Hillwood Camp Kickstarters, and give details for my Patreon Plan going forward. Give it a gander! -Nick PS. Here's the cover of Hillwood Camp Zine by Carlos Castilho:

I Wanna Be Your Dog: Canines in DCC

Last year I started a Dungeon Crawl Classics group with my friends. For those that don't know, Dungeon Crawl Classics is meant to be D&D like it is 1975, and touts the catch phrase, "Deadliest Game Alive". During Character Creation one of the characters in our 0-level funnel came up as a herder with a herding dog. The dog, Fetch, has outlived their herder master, and became a beloved Character in a very lethal game. Not surprisingly, the players pushed for Fetch to have the ability to advance. Here is the first draft of the rules if you are interested in my take on Canine Player Characters in DCC. I Wanna Be Your Dog Canines in Dungeon Crawl Classics by Nick Baran Art by Nerdgore You’re running a 0-Level Funnel for a group of players who are all dog people. One of the Characters comes up as a Herder with a Herding Dog, and before you know it, the dog is the most cherished member of the party. Treasure be damned, as long as the dog survives! CANINE Cani

Spawn of Cyclops Con

  Happy Spawn of Cyclops Con! We're excited to be able to game and chat with you all.  We have a bunch of Con Specials running right now. You just need to follow this link: https://breakerpressgamescon.com And we just launched The Tome of Debasement Kickstarter. You can check that here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/breakerpressgames/the-tome-of-debasement-dcc-rpg-compatible-zine More info coming soon! -Nick