|Riot scene by Geng Gendall|
The boxed game is now being separated into 4 separate products.
- Broken Contract Rule Book (~MSRP $15)
This is a 32 page book with an overview of the setting, all the rules to the game, character creation rules, a generic scenario, guidance on how to create your own scenarios, and 2 blank character cards. The inside cover will fold out into a generic mining area "game board" and a rules reference card.
- Initiative and Equipment Card Deck (~MSRP $5-$8)
This will be a 40-80 card deck that includes 26 Initiative Cards and an assortment of Equipment Cards.
- Broken Contract - Deep Underground Miniature Set (~MSRP ~$40-$50)
Currently this will be a set of 8 white metal miniatures - 3 Prods and 5 Breakers. The set will cover the characters needed to play Broken Contract - Deep Underground.
- Broken Contract - Deep Underground Scenario Book (~MSRP $10)
This 16 page booklet will contain 4 scenarios, game board sections, background, and Character Cards for all of the characters from the Deep Underground Miniature Set, giving you 2-4 evenings of entertainment.
I think this is a great solution that allows us to move forward without the massive start up costs of a large boxed game, allowing us to fund the project piecemeal. What do you think? Initial feedback has been good, but what does my quiet audience of followers think? I know you're out there.
My e-mail is brokencontractgame at outlook dot com if you want to contact me directly.
That being said, here's the latest going on:
- Rob is helping me knock out some writing and editing.
- Geng is about to start work on some new art to finish up the character concepts from Deep Underground and some new thematic pieces for the books.
- Sam is working on the graphic design for the rule book, cards, and map sections.
-Tim Barry just received the character concepts so that he can begin work on 3 new sculpts.
- Our first model prototype should be finished and ready to ship to us this week!
- Finally I'm working on adding content to the rule book and working on a couple fun introductory scenarios.
There you have it. Thanks for following and as always, feedback is welcome!